A Complete Guide on Marble Slabs by Leading Marble Suppliers in India
An insider guide on marbles by the leading Marble slabs suppliers
What is Marble?
Marble is the outcome of the natural geological process of metamorphosis of sedimentary carbonate rocks. It is a combination of recrystallized carbonate minerals like calcite, limestone, dolomite, and serpentine under intense pressure and temperatures over a long period of hundreds of years. The main component of marble is calcium carbonate and also contains acidic oxide. Marble has a firm crystalline structure and it is slightly porous in nature.
Pure white marble results due to the metamorphism of a very pure limestone or dolomite protolith. Iron oxide impurities in the limestone lead to yellow, orange, pink, or red coloration. The presence of clay minerals can lead to gray color that often occurs in bands after the compositional stratification of the original limestone. The abundant availability of bituminous materials in marble can make it dark gray to black colored. The swirls and veins of many colored marble varieties exist due to various mineral impurities such as clay, silt, sand, iron oxides, or chert which were originally present s grains or layers in the limestone. If the marble is green or has green tinges, that is often due to serpentine resulting from originally magnesium-rich limestone or dolomite with silica impurities. These various impurities have been mobilized and recrystallized by the intense pressure and heat of the metamorphism.
What are Marble Slabs Used for?
Marble slabs are one of the most preferred options used for flooring and countertops in commercial and residential settings. Their natural beauty, durability, and resistance to stains make them a great investment for your home or commercial setting. However, there are various areas where marble slabs can be used. Let’s have a glance at the below mentions:
- For Buildings and Sculptures
- As Construction Aggregate
- As a Brightener, Filler, or Pigment
- For Soil Treatment
- For Neutralizing Acids
- In Supplements
- Cemetery Marker
1. For Buildings and Sculptures
Since time immemorial, marble has been commonly used for sculptures and as a prominent building material. We all know that most of the ancient buildings and monuments have been made using marble. Marble is used both for interior and exterior decor. The translucent feature of marble allows light to enter through it to give out a soft glow. The lustrous property of marble makes it the perfect material for making sculptures.
Marble is considered one of the finest materials for the elegant looks and styles that it adorns to different residential and commercial spaces it accommodates in. In today’s construction and building industries, marble is often used in flooring, wall cladding, vanities and bathrooms, decor, etc.
2. As Construction Aggregate
It has been found that marble cleaves more readily than limestone due to the presence of calcite. Thus, crushed marble is often used as construction aggregate and as fill, subbase, and landscape stone where soundness and abrasion resistance are not critical.
3. As a Brightener, Filler, or Pigment
Certain marbles, because of their white color, are used to manufacture whiting powder which is used as a brightener, filler, and pigment in paper, paint, and some other products.
4. For Soil Treatment
Some marbles are heated in a kiln to form calcium oxide which is also known as lime. Lime can be predominantly used as an agricultural soil treatment to reduce its acidity. When lime is applied to the soil along with fertilizer, it can increase its fertility and hence increase its yield.
5. For Neutralizing Acids
Calcium carbonate is one of the major components of marble. As we know, that calcium carbonate is very effective at neutralizing acids. Therefore, the highest purity marble is often crushed to form a powder, processed to remove impurities then used to make products that are used for the treatment of acid indigestion. Crushed marble is also used in water treatment and as an acid-neutralizing agent in the chemical industry.
6. In Supplements
Crushed marbles are soft, easily soluble, and rich in calcium. So, these are often used in dairy farms as calcium supplements for animal feeds produce animal supplements.
7. Cemetery Marker
We all have seen that marble slabs are often used as a tombstone and cemetery markers since they can be easily cut and engraved.
Types of Marble Slabs With their Details – By Marble Suppliers
Imperial Vanities is a well-known Quartz Slabs Manufacturer and Exporter in India has a wide range of quartz slabs, is now introducing its range of natural stone – Marble countertops in varied design patterns and color shades. Our premium collection of marble is mentioned below:
1. Fantasy Brown Marble Slabs
Fantasy Brown Marble slabs feature an exquisite flowing pattern of pewter, apricot, and chestnut tones. This kind of marble slab is crafted from fine natural stones which gives it a distinctive and elegant flair. These marble slabs can be used to create stunning accent walls, floors, countertops bar tops, showers, stairs, interior wall panels, fountains, etc., and other interior features.
2. Coral Black Marble Slabs
The beautiful dark patterns of Coral Black Marble slabs give them a subtle and distinctive appeal to the eyes. It can fit in any space, whether interior or exterior, to adorn them with its versatility and elegance. It best suits the demands of flooring along with wall cladding and countertops as well.
3. River Blue Marble Slabs
River Blue Marble slabs have become the premier choice for most homeowners across the world. The smooth surface with the tinge of blue strips added to the white background with gray, cloudy veins, is the reason why it falls in the category of white marble. The river blue marble slabs can be used for many different applications like marble flooring, kitchen countertops, fountains, etc.
4. Mont Blanc Marble Slabs
Mont Blanc is a white and gray marble that provides a classic look of luxury for any space wherever it is installed. This marble best fits in bathroom vanity tops, flooring, fountains, pools, kitchen countertops, and wall buildings of modern structures like religious spaces, public offices, and high-end homes.
How to Maintain Marble Used for Flooring?
- Frequently removing the grit and dirt from your marble floor on a regular basis is the key to protecting it. Soft and clean dust mop made up of natural fiber like cotton, hemp, etc. should be used to remove the dirt from the surface.
- Marble surfaces should be treated with mild pH-neutral dish soap or specially formulated marble cleaner.
- The surface should be thoroughly rinsed and dried with clean, clear water after each washing.
- While using vacuum cleaners on the marble floor, only brush attachments should be used and not plastic or metal attachments. An upright vacuum on a marble floor should never be used as the wheels and other pieces can damage the finish.
- In the case of any spillovers, blot-up should be done immediately. Never ever wipe the spills to avoid the liquid to spread in other areas. After blotting the surface, flush the area with a solution of mild dish soap and water and then wipe clean to remove the solution, and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
- Especially, in high-traffic areas and at entry points, better to use non-slip mats, area rugs, or runners, and wipe your feet properly before entry. This helps to keep small rocks, stones, pebbles, and other debris from scratching your beautiful marble tile floors.
Things to Consider While Buying Marble From Top Marble Suppliers in India
Following are the recommended steps to be followed while looking for the top Marble Suppliers in India:
Step 1: Searching and make a list of the available different marble stone suppliers or companies
Step 2: Choosing the types of suppliers best suited to your needs
Step 3: Checking the digital profile of the chosen supplier
Step 4: Checking the history of the supplier’s business
Step 5: Understanding what services are needed from your supplier
Step 6: Asking these questions before making a deal with your marble supplier
Step 1: Searching and make a list of the available different marble stone suppliers or companies:
The first step towards this is to collect the information and make a detailed list of all the marble suppliers available in the area. If you are a retailer, you need the list of wholesalers. If you are an end-user needing marble slabs for your home, office, or any infrastructure-related decor, you need the list of reliable retailers available in the area. All the information is easily and readily available on the internet, more specifically, on the google search engine. We just need to put the right keywords to get the right information.
Step 2: Choosing the types of suppliers best suited for your needs:
After you have the list of different suppliers with you, the next step is to find out which supplier can help you in the most efficient way in fulfilling your orders of the best quality marble slabs available in the market at an affordable price, e.g. a homeowner can go for a retailer or a contracting company to supply their needs. On the other front, in case you are looking for an entity to supply marble for interior decoration, an architect or designer could be the right alternative. In case, you are a real estate company, you would like to look for the best wholesalers of marble slabs to fulfill your demands. Once the kind of supplier is decided, you need to research the entities or companies for the right fit. It’s very important to find out the quality of the product and the customer service provided by the supplier before making the final decision.
Step 3: Checking the digital profile of the chosen supplier:
After choosing the list of suppliers meeting your needs, the next step would be to check their digital presence and profiles and also check some points as mentioned below:
- Availability of their contact page. Their contact information like their phone number and email address should be mentioned.
- There should be a testimonial page revealing their clients’ experiences with their services.
- Their ratings and how their clients or customers have reviewed them.
- A thorough analysis is needed to find that the chosen supplier would meet your needs and expectations when it comes to the quality of products and services to be delivered.
If any of the above concerns are not addressed, then it is advisable to look for another suitable supplier.
Step 4: Checking the history of the supplier’s business
In case, the supplier is new to the market, it’s good to find out how long their owners have experience and what and how is their work history.
You can also contact a professional to assist you in doing such research in case you are facing any kind of constraints in terms of time, accuracy, and professionalism.
Step 5: Understanding what services are needed from your supplier
While approaching your supplier, you should be aware of the services that you expect from them. You can get ideas while interacting with them. They can be of great help in providing you with the right information to help you settle your demand. Being in the field for a considerable amount of time and relevant experience, they know better what kind of stone or marble slabs are best suited to your building, designing, or renovation projects.
Ask them different questions in terms of the kind of services they provide. Ask them what you can expect to get with your order. Better be clear in terms of their pricing and segregation of different costs under it which can include duties, taxes, etc. Check with them if there is a price change or if you need a custom size for an installation. Investigate if there are hidden charges or any additional fees to be added at the end of the project for rush processing or expedited delivery.
Step 6: Asking these questions before making a deal with your marble supplier:
- What is the supplier’s customer service policy? What is their Unique Selling Proposition? What are their tokens for gaining their customers’ credibility, in terms of after-sale service or any kind of warranty for their work?
- Do they provide any referral benefits for getting new customers to them?
- What is their course of action when there are some missed deadlines in terms of production or delivery?
- Are they going to manage another vendor of equal credibility, if they run short in the supply of materials?
- Do you have their work, product, or service catalog to make informed decisions about what style and finish would be best for your home or project?
- How seamless is getting a quote on custom orders or projects?
- How are they meeting deadlines when it comes to custom orders and how do they act if there are any delays?
- What will be the nature of customer service during production, shipping, and installation?
Where to Get the Best Marble From?
The obvious answer to the above query is Imperial Vanities.
Imperial Vanities is a leading manufacturer, supplier, and exporter of quartz slabs and quartz countertops dealing in a wide range of stones and is now supplying Natural stone countertops also. With its exclusive Marble slabs collection explore how marble countertops are making a new difference in the market. Connect with our experts today to get the best quote.